Ramona to become a leading community in the change to land-and-people-friendly climate with growing economy and its own micro-grid with power that the community uses and sells.
Lead the transition to a sustainable climate in Ramona with a growing economy via education, connections, projects, promotions, advocacy, and ultimately a profitable, independent electricity-producing area (micro-grid).
- Advance knowledge through education to address future job needs, home owner opportunities, growing business markets, agricultural changes, water requirements, etc.
- Reach out to other community, County, and State groups to connect and maximize ongoing activities.
- Create projects that will advance our goals, such as, community gardens, tree-planting, composting “drives.”
- Promote successful projects already underway within Ramona.
- Advocate and work toward a long-term goal of making Ramona a profitable, independent electricity-producing area, given its proximity to sun and wind and availability of land.
- Plan and promote local Ramona activities that support sustainability through Earth Day 2021 event
- Create a community garden by end of 2022
- Offer presentations monthly for each of the key areas: renewable energy, transportation, electrification of buildings, weather explanation, firesafe, water usage, waste management
- Explore and highlight business and career opportunities to climate change technologies e.g., electric cars need a new kind of mechanic; all-electric houses will need backups.